Paving the Way

Alright, so the past couple months gearing up for the Chicago marathon I have continued to run, sparingly, but running, eclipsing 100 miles earlier in month, I have sprinkled in some biking and swimming as well, I have seen a podiatrist (foot doctor), Dr. Steve Lako, (thanks doc, you da man), created t-shirts to sale for my campaign, they are stylish I might add, developed a bit of a shoe problem, ran some more and seen Doc again.



Four weeks ago, I finally had it with the nagging chronic pain in my left foot and found a foot doctor.  Of course I knew what was causing my pain but definitely needed something extra to relieve and heal my symptoms.  He prescribed me a non steroidal anti-inflammatory which definitely eliminated my heel pain at times and as a result, I increased my mileage from 6-10 miles a week to 13-20 miles per week.  Foot is definitely much better but the past couple days before my follow up appointment, my foot was pulsating and as the doctor said "puffy".  He recommended a shot in my heel and having to deal with this pain for six months now, I went with it.  Doc said to stay off for few days because the steroid weakens the tendon and may rupture with pounding.  Yes I said rupture, that word scares me so going to not run for few days or weeks.








T-shirst!! for $20!!  They are soft charcoal grey shirts with an orange logo representing Macon, Ga and Mercer school colors.  Logo says Run 478 with a GA state symbol in middle.  They are awesome and many people have purchased one to support me.  It is awesome!!  Not counting investments in the t-shirts which totals close to $400, I have received over $1100 in donations!! I could not be happier about this and I have plenty of time to reach my minimum goal of $1500.


Recently I completed a 20 mile run week.  Felt really good, but this week could have also contributed to foot pain, but I sure felt good while running.  I ran with a group Easter morning and we completed 6 miles and I finished with an 8:59 pace which I was more than pleased with.  I normally, when alone run at a 9:25 pace sometimes slower.  So knowing I am cable of pushing myself feels good.  Probably will bike more for a few weeks till I know things are fine in my foot.  Official marathon training will begin in June.

Amy is coming with me to Chicago!!  I am super excited, this will be the first time we have flown together.  It is going to be an awesome experience for both of us.  I have officially purchased plane tickets and reserved a hotel room which is a 1.5 miles from finish and starting line of race.





A shoe problem for sure, will not go into detail, but I am searching for the right shoe.  I have purchased all these at reasonable, on-sale prices, but has become interesting to say the least about how shoes affect your day.



I want to thank everyone for support!! Definitely over coming adversity and not making excuses about not running this race, but I could not do this if it wasn't for people sacrificing and donating funds to support me.  Today is my daughter's 4th birthday and I thank my family for pushing me to be a better version of myself.  We all do it to each other, and I hope by completing this race, one day my children will look at the hard work and dedication that goes into running a marathon and realize that anything is attainable with commitment and hard work.




Comments

Popular Posts