"In it for the Long Run"

Marriage is a marathon.  It is not a sprint, it is not 50/50, it is 100/100, you are either in it for the Long Run or not in it at all. A Decade in and my wife, Amy, and I are much stronger together and our love for one another is much greater than when we first met.


Marriage in the beginning is kind of like finishing your first mile or 5k even.  It feels good, you have a runners high, and you have conquered a milestone, but then you go for distance, you have this voice in your head that tells you this maybe too difficult and I am not sure if I am ready.  Some people give up all together never to run again, but those that stick with it and dig deep can find true happiness and joy even through the hard times.

Hills and valleys are inevitable.  Take on the hills head on, they make you stronger, struggle can breed strength and endurance to enable you to get through the hard times, because the joy and love that is waiting on you is well worth it.

Getting past all that and revealing your true self opens new doors.  Its like discovering the perfect pair of shoes that will allow you to run longer.

Just like training gives you immediate feedback on how you are doing with pace and time splits and such, Amy does the same for me, she lets me know how I am doing and we are intentional about knowing where we stand. She is my training partner in life and I love her like no other.  She has made me a stronger person in this world and truly brings the best out of me.



Comments

Popular Posts